Friday, August 16, 2019

Retreat Bag with Handles and a Tab Closure

I made this Retreat bag with handles and pockets last year and sold it at a craft show. I tried making this one with a closing tab with a magnetic snap instead of a zipper closure. It works okay, but was tricky to get it just right to keep the bag closed fully.

I quilted the bag to a foam stabilizer so it stand up nicely. I added front and back pockets, handles, the closure tab on the outside and inside are more pockets. I love making patchwork bags, especially out of batik fabric.


Side view.

The other side.

This is the back of the bag. I goofed on adding the rivets and the tab! It looked fine from the front, but somehow (don't ask, I don't remember) I got the placement of the tab and rivets off! So I discounted this bag. A woman bought it and I did point out to her the reason I was discounting the price because of the tabs. She didn't seem bothered by that. I was glad it sold to someone who liked it in spite of it's flaw. It is still a great looking and so useful bag! I think I will stick to the original zipper closure from now on, lol!

Inside there is a zippered pocket and a divided slip pocket. I love how this bag opens and stays open so wide with the internal frame. 

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful bag to take to a retreat or anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking bag....nice and roomy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning and the blue and orange really pop, love the size and the color, great job as always.
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I've not tried making a bag yet. On my to do List one day. Love the colors

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...