Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Large Zip Top Knitting Bag

I made this knitting bag last year and sold it at a craft show. I forgot to post about it. I combined a few bag designs into one to create this large knitting bag.

The exterior fabric is a home dec fabric in a Paris print. It has dressmaking tools in the print too.

I used a foam stabilizer to make the bag stand up and I quilted it too.

Nice wide depth to the bag.

The back side also has a slip pocket.

Inside I added a lot of pockets, but I forgot about the boxed corners! So some pockets are going around the corner into the sides of the bag. On one side I made smaller pockets on top of the larger pockets, so there are lots of places to put tools. I even quilted the larger pockets. I discounted  the price of this bag because of the pocket goof I made. A knitting friend of mine bought this bag, so I know she will put it to good use.  

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. It's a feature, Daryl, not a goof! And why not have pockets going around corners? I love how luxurious this bag seems to be; probably has to do with the fabric (again), but most especially your attention to all the quilting. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it is a goof either. I think it is a great bag that would have many uses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its not only a beautiful bag its also very functional, so what if it doesn't have boxed corners it still has lots of space and lots of pockets. with knitting it really helps to be able to separate out what your using so you can access it quickly. i'm sure the person that bought it loves it.
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is my favorite of all three - love the pink and grey Paris fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...