I finished my Rotaries in Bloom Blocks right away, but wasn't sure what I was going to do for the "rotary blade". Deana suggests using a metal washer and sewing a black button on top. I was going to to do that, but then I decided to fuse silver lame' on as the blade. Since I know this quilt will be a wall quilt and not be washed, I thought that using lame' would be fine. I just need to stitch the blades in place on my blocks. I photographed these with the lame' and button just sitting on top and not stitched down yet. The block I am trading will not have the blade because I do not know who will be receiving my block yet and whether or not they will be washing their quilt, so I will let the recipient add their own blade to this block. I made 5 blocks and will swap one block.
|The block above is the block I will be swapping.|
Pin It Now!