Saturday, September 5, 2026

Sew Powerful Purses #295-303 for 2026

These 9 purses I completed during the Sew-a-thon for Sew Powerful Purse Project during this month of September; my goal is 180 purses. As you can see by the title, I have made over 300 purses this year already.

Large flower appliqués with extra large buttons in the center and scrappy piecing on flap. Somehow I accidently swapped the gussets on these, oops! But they still look fine and by the time I realised it, well I wasn't going to rip out half the purse and the girls won't know, so it's a design choice, right?😉


Scrappy pieced with machine decorative stitches and rickrack and yarn couching.

Upcycled denim jeans made into purses. The purse on the left I kept one belt loop in tact. Not sure why? But after I made the purse, I needed to tack the loop down and I found a charm from a charm bracelet my daughter didn't want anymore, so I sewed the charm on the loop and tacked it down. I have a lot of other charms that I will use up in more purses now, maybe on the flap next time.

These were from 16 quilt blocks I made into a double-sided mobile and took apart when I had no place to hang it anymore. I made 16 blocks in all and and working on making 16 purses from the blocks. The pattern is called Bountiful Baskets from P3 Designs. It is a quilt of all 50 state flowers in baskets.

Scrappy pieced with machine decorative stitches.



Please donate in my honor for the Sew-a-thon. Click here and then choose the amount to donate. $10 fills one purse to keep one girl in school. Thank you so much for your support!🤗
Use this QR code to donate to the Fundraiser during the month of September or the link below. Thanks so much! 🤗


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Lots of pretty purses in this post, Daryl!! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the flowers in these baskets Tara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...