Friday, September 4, 2026

Sew Powerful Purses #289 -294 for 2026

These are 6 of the purses I made so far in September for the annual Sew-a-thon and fundraiser for Sew Powerful. My goal is to make 180 purses this month.

This is a Sue Spargo appliqué die cut I used on this flap. Sue Spargo is one of the Sew-a-thon sponsors this year for the Sew Powerful fundraiser. If I am lucky, I could win something from Sue if my name is chosen as a winner. I made the purse with upcycled denim jeans. The flap is made from scraps of denim first, that I placed tulle on top and then quilted it. I added the bird over that and stitched it in place.

I had made these flowers in baskets years ago and made them into a double-sided mobile. But I had no place to hang the mobile anymore, so I took the blocks apart and made them all into purse flaps, so you will be seeing the other flowers in baskets as I finish them into purses.

More of the African countries postage stamps panels I made into flaps, including the Kenya one down below.



Please donate in my honor for the Sew-a-thon. Click here and then choose the amount to donate. $10 fills one purse to keep one girl in school. Thank you so much for your support!🤗
Use this QR code to donate to the Fundraiser during the month of September or the link below. Thanks so much! 🤗


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...