Monday, September 9, 2024

Sew Powerful Purse #180 (2024)

Another purse made to donate to Sew Powerful Purse Project . This is my first attempt at using the circular attachment I bought for stitching decorative stitches on my sewing machine. I stitched some decorative stitches out on a white canvas material. After I was finished the white background was just too stark white! So I got out the fabric paint and painted the background, which the paint ended up on the stitched thread too 😬😢!!! The paint color is pretty, but the thread colors don't stand out as well as I would like. A good learning experience so that I will know what to do next time (I did stitch up some more flaps, but they haven't been sewn into purses yet). All in all it turned out good enough to donate. 

Painted flap with circular decorative stitches. Kind of fun to use that circular stitch attachment.

The full flap.

flap up showing front of purse
Batik purse body and little pumpkins for the lining. It's pumpkin time of year now too.
 I also stitched the strap in batik fabric with a ribbon down the center.

back of purse
Back with a slip pocket.

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. OMG, that's so cute! I love the flap and the strap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, Daryl! I have one of those circular attachments for my Bernina but I don't think I've ever used it...maybe played with it once??!! I may have to get out Nina and give it a try. Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...