Monday, September 23, 2024

Bee Kind Blog Hop (Sew Powerful Purse #181 for 2024)

Thanks to Joan of Moosestash Quilting for hosting this blog hop. 
Joan said:
"The Challenge: September is the time to remember that a little kindness goes a long way. Share your “kind” projects. Your favorite charity project, a free online pattern or anything that shows you spread a little kindness, everywhere you go. The Bee's are an important part of life as well, and we all need to be kind to them too! That makes this hop the perfect place to share your Bee Quilts"!

Of course I chose to share a Sew Powerful Purse that I donate to this charity. September is also their annual Sew-A-Thon & Fundraiser, so if you would like to donate to this worthy cause, click the Sew Powerful link above and "bee kind" and donate a little or a lotta to this organization. It takes $10 to fill a purse with the monthly hygiene items the girls need. The $10 is the cost of the materials and the labor that they pay the women right there in Zambia to make the reusable pads, bar of laundry soap and they include 2 pair of underwear in each donated purse. Read more about the story of Sew Powerful by clicking on the link. Thank you for any amount that you can donate to them. The girls thank you too as now they can stay in school and get a good education which will lead to fewer babies being born and better jobs in their future.

Since my hobby and passion is sewing, especially making bags and quilts, I love to use my talents and expertise by making and donating purses to Sew Powerful. I also like donating quilts I make to Project Linus too. I can make more purses each year than I can quilts, so I prefer making the purses and I love experimenting by trying new techniques and ideas on the purse flaps. I am having so much fun doing this and to think that all my efforts are helping young women continue with their education really makes me smile and I feel great that I can help them too.

Not only did I choose to make a purse for this charity, but I chose to add an appliqué bee on the flap too. Some added buttons, crystals, rickrack, decorative stitches and shiny wing material for a little bling too. I just love appliqué!!! 🐝🍯

flap up showing front of purse
Under the flap you can see the lining and the front pocket of the purse.

back of purse
The back of the purse I added another pocket.

Closer look at the bee appliqué. 🍯🐝. I used a sparkly Organza fabric for the wings, but it didn't photograph as realistic as it looks in person. 



Check out the other blog participants and spread some Bee Kind Love!!!🐝🍯
Pin It Now!

12 comments:

  1. Qh my goodness, that purse is absolutely adorable. I love the bee applique on the flap. What a great way to be kind and help the girls who need it so much. Thanks for sharing your kindness with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely Sew Powerful Bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that the bags I make for this wonderful organization are serving a great purpose but yours are so warm and loving in there design. This is just another example of your vision and talent. This little bee is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful that you choose to work with this charity, love what they do. A good reminder of someone who is always grateful for the donataions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work with this charity organization is so kind and amazing. Thank you for all you do for them! This is such a beautiful bag that will be among the many incredible ones you have made and donated. Thank you, Daryl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are forever GRATEFUL that you make the Sew Powerful purses, thank you. Love that special one with the bee on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cool! Love the added bee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your beautiful projects, which are sure to be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome purse! I love the bee applique! Some young lady is going to love receiving it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really admire your attention to detail and making this sweet bee come alive! The sparkly organza is a brilliant idea, along with the ric rac for the bee body. This purse will surely make some young woman feel loved and special!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...