Monday, September 16, 2024

Sunflower Quilt Blocks I Donated

I just got back yesterday from a Southwest vacation of a few days. First stop was the Garden of Quilts Show in Lehi, Utah. I took a ton of photos that I need to sort through and add to a album on Shutterfly. That will take a few days to do. 

The day before we left, I looked up the vendors that will be at the show (in a Show Barn building away from the gardens) and there were several charities listed. One of them was Wrap the World with Quilts and on their website they were collecting 12" finished quilt blocks (12 1.2" unfinished size). So I made 2 quilt blocks to take with me to donate to them when I saw them at the vendor show. These were the blocks that I donated to them.

Sunflower block with "Love" die cut
I used my "Love" die cut and a sunflower appliqué that I cut out by hand. All batik fabric.

Sunflower Block with "Hope" die cut
For this block I used a large flower appliqué die cut and a circle appliqué die cut to create the flower, along with the "Hope" die cut too. Batik fabric on a hand dyed fabric background.

When I handed the blocks in at the booth, the woman loved them, especially the words. She had other block that were hung on a folding clothes drying rack and she clipped mine in the front. I took a photo of it.
Donated to Wrap the World in Quilts
I donated the 2 blocks that said "Love" and "Hope".

Please click on this website and go to the SUNFLOWER BLOCKS page (at the top heading) and read about this project and help out by making a block or 2 or 3 or more! You can mail your blocks to the address provided. 

#SUNFLOWERQUILTFOR
UKRAINE PROJECT





Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Those blocks are gorgeous! Someone is going to be truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are one of the most generous people i have ever met. you are so good about sharing your skills for the good of others. great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay on a little vacay for you! Cute blocks. I hope the show was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are wonderful and it's a wonderful place to donate!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...