Monday, March 6, 2023

Pick-a-Pocket Wallet in Brown

I made this custom Pick-a-Pocket Wallet to match the cross body bag that I made for a customer a while back. Luckily I had enough of the fabric leftover from making her bag to use for the exterior fabric for this wallet. I had to use 2 different fabrics for the lining fabric, which I really like together.

The reason the Pick-a-Pocket Wallet has this name is that in the construction you can pick which pocket to add: 8 more card pockets or another zipper pocket. I personally don't have that many cards, so when I made my first Pick-a-Pocket Wallet, testing the pattern for Christine (ChrisW Designs), I chose to add the zipper pocket, giving me two zipper pockets. I use one zipper pocket for coins and the other I put small items inside. My customer chose the second zipper pocket as well. 

Approximate size of wallet when closed: 3 ½" wide x 7 ½" high x 1/2" deep.

This mottled brown fabric looks great as a wallet and matches my customer's cross body bag too.

Inside there are oodles of poodles....I mean pockets! Sorry I just love saying oodles of poodles, lol!!! There are 5 card pockets, including the ID pocket with the clear window. Need more card pockets? The you can choose the additional card pockets to add instead of the extra zipper pocket. You can see the 2 zipper pockets in the photo above.

Not too thick of a wallet (unless you really pack a lot of stuff inside).

Two long slip pockets below the zipper pocket for cash or whatever.

This pocket can be used for your phone or receipts or cash, etc.

Another pocket under the card pockets to stash extra cash or checks, etc.

The wallet opened to show exterior.

This version of the Pick-a-Pocket Wallet has 5 card pockets (including the ID pocket), 2 zipper pockets, and 4 long slip pockets for a total of 11 pockets! Swap the extra zipper pocket for the extra card pockets and you get 8 more card pockets, for 18 total pockets. Now that should keep you organized!!!

Christine not only designed this Pick-a-Pocket Wallet, but she also designed Brandt's Boulevard Wallet, which has fewer pockets and is a bit wider wallet with an optional wrist strap. Then there is the motherload of a wallet, The Penny Inn Wallet which you really need to write down what you put in it and where you put it or you could get lost! Seriously, if you carry tons of cards, your phone, cash, coins and other smaller items, you don't need a bag at all, just The Penny Inn Wallet. Penny Inn has a total of 27 pockets!!! See why I say you could get lost? Plus, it has a wrist strap to carry it or make a cross body strap and carry like a bag. The sides of the wallet, when opened, have pleated or bellowed sides (not sure what you call those?), which allows the wallet to expand with all that stuff people put inside. I guess Christine has designed a wallet (and bag) for every taste out there. I prefer the Pick-a-Pocket or the Brandt's Boulevard wallet for myself.



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...