Thursday, September 15, 2022

Sew Powerful Purses #139-154 for 2022 (16 more for the Sew-a-thon)

Hello sweet people. I completed another 16 purses the past few days during the Sew-a-thon for making Sew Powerful Purses this month. That brings the total for the year to 154 purses (so far) and 53 purses sewn during the Sew-a-thon (so far) and the month is now half over, so can I complete the same number of purses in the next 2 weeks? We'll see. 

It was red topstitching the past few days, so I got these 16 purses done.

I am not sure where I got that woven stripe material from on the left, but it made a nice purse, especially with the addition of the appliqué flowers. That fabric was a freebie maybe from my quilt group's freebie table? 

Working my way through the tons of homespun plaid I got from a donation. The center of the appliqué flower is sewn selvages that I cut into a circle and sewed a handmade button on it.

Since the flap on the left was made with red and green homespun fabric, I added other red and green fabrics to it and it was looking rather Christmas-like, so I sewed a wooden snowflake in the center, along with red and green buttons. 


On the right, I was finally able to use that embroidered horse appliqué patch I had for quite a while. It just went great with the homespun plaid fabric.


Today with be Gold topstitching thread day and my last stack of purses from bag number 1. Then I will be moving on to bag #2. 
Happy Scrappy Sewing!
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. These are great, Daryl! I especially love the Christmasy ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as always your doing an amazing job and your creative juices are flowing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...