Saturday, September 10, 2022

The Phoenix Bag

The lovely Christine of ChrisW Designs has created a new lovely bag design again! I tested her newest bag design, The Phoenix, and this is my version of the bag. 

The Phoenix is a stylish handbag with two external zipper pockets in the side gussets and a quick access, hidden phone pocket in the back. (I love her phone pockets)!
 
Open up the recessed zipper pocket and you’ll find a roomy main compartment. The pattern includes another zipper pocket in the lining and if you are looking for even more compartments inside, Christine's Pocket Supplement A slip pockets are a great fit for this bag. The instructions include how to tailor the slip pockets to fit perfectly in your Phoenix. 
 
Style The Phoenix your way with two handle straps as well as a removable cross body strap.

I made mine in quilting cotton fabrics and since I didn't have faux leather or the handle hardware, I decided to use webbing and fabric for my handles and straps. I like the webbing and fabric look. 




This is the Pocket Supplement A here. Lots of pockets to hold your stuff.


A recessed zipper closure.

Those binder rings are temporary for the photo. The gate rings are much nice looking, but I didn't have any to use for the photos.

Check out some of the tester's versions here. And a video is being edited right now to make this bag too! Plus if you sign up for Christine's newsletter you will get alerts when she releases a new pattern and all newsletter subscribers get a code to use for 20% off off the pattern.

Happy bag making!
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. So pro looking!!! Love the hidden cell phone pocket!!! And I enjoyed seeing all the test versions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous fabric and as always so professional looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sewing bags is your super power, Daryl! You do a beautiful job of it too. That is a great print and such pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all the compartments and the fabric is glorious, great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...