Monday, February 22, 2021

Haunted House Halloween Quilt

I made an enlarged version of a Shabby Fabrics table runner I had made last year, only I just enlarged the one end of the table runner to make it into a wall quilt.

I like this version and because it was larger, it was easier to applique the smaller pieces.

I see I forgot to add the button for the door, lol! I will go do that now. Funny how photos show things you can't see with your own eyes in person. Don't you like the coffin shaped door?

I blanket stitched around the ghost in glow-in-the-dark-thread.  It's cool to see when it's dark. I am not sure it would show up well in a photo in the dark? 


Not a cat on a hot tin roof, but a cat on a haunted house roof.


This quilt would have been done for last Halloween, but I just never got around to sewing on the binding. So now it's about 8 months early, lol!

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. It’s such a cute wall hanging quilt, Daryl. And well ahead of time! LOL. Photos always show me what I can’t seem to see right in front of my nose. There’s a lot of fun halloween details to find. Yes, the coffin shaped door is fun. The cat might be hoping to jump up on the witch’s broom when she comes by. Creepy cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried glow in the dark thread, sounds cool! When you applique do you fuse down one piece at a time or all of them and then begin stitching?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Really love the glow-in-the-dark thread!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I'd love to see the glow-in-the-dark effect - you have to try to take a picture. Go expose that thread to the sun to really charge it up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...