Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Emma Bag made with Selvages

I made this Emma Bag using fabric selvages for the exterior of the bag. It's a cross body bag with a flap and inside pocket and a zipper pocket. It's a small bag and perfect for someone who doesn't want to carry a lot with them or even for a young girl or teenager.

Emma is a ChrisW Design pattern. Easy to make and you can make with a flap or without a flap. The bag without a flap shows a ruffle instead. I find it fun to use my selvages in creative ways and making bags and baskets are my 2 favorite ways to use up selvages.


Inside slip pocket

Inside zipper pocket I added on the other side.

Half of Fanny (lol!!!) to show the size of the bag. I made this bag when we had a bit of snow! I am behind in some of my postings!


I love the dog paw selvage! It's so fun that a lot of companies are using shapes other than dots to show the colors on the selvages edges.


I riveted the strap tabs to the sides of the bag.

Back of Emma.

There is another selvage with a swirl instead of dots.
This was the bag my friend saw in selvages, but asked me to make the Serendipity Hip (with a straight across top) in selvages for her.
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. this looks like a great everyday bag, a perfect size. the selvages make it so much more fun and interesting, i want to read every label. great job
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun bag made with selvedges, Daryl. I have to get mine out and do something with them. They are multiplying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely selvedge bag, I'm working with sledges too, at the moment. I also loved the other two bags you blogged about, one full size and one a little smaller. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...