Saturday, January 6, 2018

January Snowman Banner

I made this cute snowman banner for January. It is a Pat Sloan free design and part of her Banner Series and button club. I love that is was a quick project and that there was a pieced and applique block both. I think I will make one a month similar to this using my own applique design and different 6" blocks.

I stitched the branch arms on instead of doing applique arms. Hmm not sure now if I should have done applique for the arms too. I can always add it by hand I suppose.



I stitched his branch arms, but maybe I should have appliqued them instead?

I added some snowflake buttons.

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. Both arm designs work well, but I think your embroidered arms are a bit cuter - and more realistic :D Sweet finish, Daryl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. January will be brighter because of this very cute Snowman and Pieced block. I really like your stitched Snowman arms. Sounds like a good monthly project. Creative Bliss Dear...<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s an adorable pattern. I too like your stitched arms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, I immediately went to the website to download the pattern. I do like the arms stitched better than applique. great job and as usual an inspiration.
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute -- want me to send you some REAL snow?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! I like the stitched arms, makes it look like a real snowman. The snowflake button is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cutie! I think your stitched arms look perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...