Thursday, December 7, 2017

Fiona's Freeway Bag in Purple 2

This is the 3rd Fiona's Freeway Bag that I have made. The first one I sold and the woman who bought it requested I make another Fiona in purple. Well her friend liked the purple Fiona so much that she too wanted a Fiona in purple! They are not 100% identical. I did stitch decorative stitches on the flap like I did with the first 2 Fiona's, but not the exact same stitches or the same thread colors. On the first Fiona in purple I appliqued a cat on the interior slip pocket because I knew she liked cats. That was my little surprise for her. Her friend wanted a butterfly on her slip pocket, so I appliqued a butterfly on her pocket. I also used a different lining fabric on purple #2 Fiona.

Fiona's Freeway Bag pattern is from ChrisW Designs Easy Street Collection. Easy Street doesn't mean they are all beginner easy, but just easier with fewer pattern pieces than Christine's other bag patterns. I would say you need some bag making experience before tackling this one, but Christine's instructions are excellent, so as long as you take it step-by-step, you should have success as long as you have done some sewing before.

I must admit I do love my decorative stitched flaps! I enjoy creating them and love how they turn out. Takes an ordinary flap and turns it into an extraordinary flap, lol!



Inside is a zippered pocket and a slip pocket.

The zippered pocket with zipper pull that I make.

Here is the appliqued butterfly that I appliqued onto the slip pocket. Such a sweet surprise when you look into the bag.

The bag's backside is pretty too, lol!
For comparison, here is Purple Fiona #1 and #2 side-by-side:


Linking to Elm Street Quilts Bag It 2017
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. I love fun bag insides! That butterfly is adorable! It's like a little secret pleasure only the bag owner gets to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extraordinary flap indeed - gorgeous bag, and now I wonder why I've avoided solid fabrics when they look so great paired with lovely batiks :D I agree with Bethany about the secret pleasure for the bag owner - love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bag! Thanks for sharing as part of Elm Street Quilts Bag It.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...