I also made some changes. I didn't add the ruffle on my iron caddy because it was more work and because I thought the ruffle would get in the way of zipping and unzipping the caddy. I also didn't do the embroidered section because it seemed like a lot of work and you really wouldn't see it (especially if I had added the ruffle). I used a foam stabilizer to give this caddy some structure, rather than using batting. I do like the foam stabilizer so much better. I also sewed a bias binding inside to cover the raw edges. As an afterthought, I sewed a couple of ribbon tabs at each end of the zipper to have something to hold on to when zipping this caddy open and closed.
I wanted to keep one of my irons inside this caddy to keep it dust-free. Well the iron I wanted to store inside this caddy, ended up not fitting inside the caddy! I guess my iron was a tad too long. So I ended up putting my travel iron inside it instead.
|I ended up storing my travel iron inside the caddy, because the iron I wanted to store inside was a tad too long!|
|I took these photos several weeks ago when we had a dusting of snow.|
Pin It Now!