Thursday, December 10, 2015

Hand Knit Socks Made From My Hand Dyed Yarn

I dyed several skeins of sock (fingering) weight yarn last year. I knit a scarf using some of the yarn I dyed that you can see here. I just finished knitting these pair of socks. They came out great and I love how they feel and fit. I knit the cuff first and then I added a nylon thread along with the yarn and held them together to knit the heel to the toe. The nylon gives added strength to the sock yarn in those places that might eventually get holes. I used a gray nylon thread so it makes the rest of the foot look kind of heather looking.
The entire foot is knit with the added gray nylon held together with the yarn. The foot looks a bit lighter because of the addition of the gray thread. At least it does to me in person, lol!!!
I knit the cuff with the yarn I hand dyed. It's a rib knit of knit 2, purl 2.
Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Daryl, Learning to knit socks is on my bucket list -- but I just don't seem to have the time. I should make it a new year's resolution! Nice job! They do look so comfy.. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hand dyed yarn and resulting hand knit socks are beautiful. I must be the only person who is not knitting socks this year. Warm Toes for Winter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your yarn is gorgeous! And the socks too. You are a patient woman...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these socks and the colors are even more vivid in person. your dye job is incredible, I hope you have some nice shoes that show them off. Handmade socks are why I wear sandals in the winter.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I wish I had the time to knit again. It's been many years. Your socks look like they would be so warm and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Love the socks. I've never worn socks someone knitted except the booties you wear to keep your feet warm and they obviously to heavy to wear with shoes.
    Yours look comfy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...