A few of the pattern pieces didn't print completely though. They were cut off and even though you were supposed to tape some sections together, they didn't match up correctly, so I had to improvise. I added the decorative strip to the clutch, although in hind site the strip on the back seems pointless as it really doesn't show, but I liked it for the front. If I ever make another one, I would only add the front strip. I think I would also add a pocket on the back for storing my cord if I were to make it again. All in all I do like how this turned out and my Nook is happy in her own pretty clutch.
Oh and the pattern calls for using a magnetic snap, but in a previous post about testing a wallet for Christine, I explained I couldn't use my twist lock closures because they were missing the rivet parts. Well I decided I would take a chance and test using the twist lock closure on this clutch. I figured I could sew the twist part to the bag like I would sew those old snaps that have several holes. It worked and since this was my first time installing a twist lock I learned a few things. I don't think I will use the twist lock where I have Peltex because it's too thick. I will try a twist lock with fleece or foam stabilizer instead in the future.
|The back of the clutch and the handle. The accent strip is rather pointless to add here as it's not seen much.|
|Lacking rivets, I sewed the twist lock part in place with embroidery floss and lots of stitches to make sure it was secured in place. The stitching doesn't show at all when the twist lock is closed.|