Monday, June 22, 2015

Bella Blue #2

I made a Bella Handbag for myself in blue. I wanted a casual bag that would go with more things, since most of my bags are made in bright colors, so I opted for a more plain gingham look in blue. Looks great with blue jeans! This is a ChrisW Design bag and she is retiring this bag at the end of June (I think) which is only a few days away. So if you want the pattern you better get it now. I was making this Bella as part of a sew along on Facebook and so now that it's done I will show you the finished bag. This bag has 9 pockets in all, including the pen pocket, but you can leave some pockets off if you want to.
Ta-da, isn't she pretty? I chose to braid the straps and I like how they look and feel when I am carrying Bella too.
Side pockets with elastic at the top and snaps on the bag to cinch it in too.
Back of the bag has a zipper. 
Handmade zipper pull that I did make too.
See all my junk fits inside nicely.
Two slip pockets on one side and a pen pocket that you can see on the photo above all the way to the right.
A zippered pocket with a slip pocket behind it.
A triple stacked button.
  Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. I love you you always have the best finishing details on your projects, Daryl! The zipper pull is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent bag and choice of fabric and color. I adore all the pockets for holding "stuff" Your bags are always sewn so well with every attention to detail dear. June JOY...

    ReplyDelete
  3. great purse, you did a wonderful job and it looks like the perfect size with the benefits of lots of pockets. I like the side pockets and the closure. Your little touches to make it easier to use, are also wonderful details, like the zipper pulls.
    enjoy
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy visiting your blog, Daryl. Once again I visit to find a lovely bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. Nice fabric choice and the hardware looks good with it. Perfect craftsmanship, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Daryl,
    The bag is beautiful as always! Have you ever posted a tutorial for the handmade zipper tabs that you make? I made some tonight and I was wondering what kind of wire you use and how you get the loop at the bottom. Plus, I'm always on the lookout for resources for the great charms that you use.
    Pugs and kisses,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a beautiful bag! I just love your choice of fabrics, and the amazing detail you add! Thanks so much for sharing at the Talented Tuesday Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this bag! The fabric, the braided handles, the side pockets, the zipper pull. All of it. And, again, you matched the lining perfectly. :-)
    Pinned

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...