Friday, July 4, 2014

Postcards for Christine

If you have been following me you know that I have made several fabric quilted postcards recently. I didn't want to show you a couple of them just yet because I waiting for them to arrive in Australia and I wanted it to be a surprise. I just received an email from Christine and yes she was indeed surprised! I made her 2 postcards virtually the same, only I wrote (or tried to write) her business name on one of the cards. If I planned this better I would have written it on the fabric first and then made the card. But it was an afterthought and trying to write on fabric with Peltex thick interfacing underneath made my writing a bit wobbly because that Peltex is a bit bumpy to write on. So I made a second card without a name and just her logo. I figured that way she can decide which she likes or she can mail one of them as a postcard if she wanted to. Here they are~
I found only one cute little white flower button in my button jar and it was perfect, don't you think? Below is Christine's logo:

Here is the postcard without the name written. I quilted the background in swirls. I had a little machine made applique flower to use here instead of a button and I added a French knot in the center.
I also made this one using a batik fabric. I didn't send this one to Christine though. I wanted to see how it would look in another fabric and in the center I used a flower sequin with round sequin on top and added a French knot. Don't you love her bag logo? I sure do!
Pin It Now!

11 comments:

  1. So cute, Daryl. I bet Christine was over the moon with this gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are just adorable. Wouldn't we all love those business cards?! LeeAnna Paylor lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Adorable and yah....be so fun to have a business card like this! Hmmmmm....ya got me thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are beautiful and I must say I find the first one a little more beautiful with its button! So close to your friend's business card! The sequins also add a special touch to the third one that suits the batik fabric very well.
    You certainly have the eye for details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are GREAT! Wow! You are really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all adorable but the first one with the white button and Christine's name is the best. It's practically identical to her logo. You did a wonderful job as always and knowing Christine she'll be delighted to bits with these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The postcards are fantastic, Daryl. I especially like the first one with Christine's business name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these however I know what you mean about your frustration with trying to add something after your done. That's usually when I end up messing up. think your postcards came out just fine and making a purse image on it is a cute idea. I love the buttons and of course your perfect embroidery. I often change closures and add pockets after I'm done with a project and it works but the lining is usually never as neat looking. great job.
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are really great postcards and yes I do love her logo and the flower button is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I STILL cannot get over you sending the Postcards to me Daryl...they are SOOOO AWESOME! I cannot wait to blog about them once I get the chance! Thank you SOOOO MUCH again for your kind and very special gift...I shall treasure them ALWAYS AND frame them and hang them where I can see them every day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cute, and how kind of you to send them to Christine. Fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...