Now I also wanted to address an issue about No-Reply Bloggers. I have seen this so many times in blog land, but perhaps you are new to visiting blogs or blogging on your own blog? So let me mention it (you'll hear this all over blog land), if you are a no-reply blogger and you make a comment, especially hoping to win a giveaway, you will never win. Why? Because you are no-reply and that means there is no way to reply (email/respond) to you. Since blogging is about sharing information, whether we are talking about quilting, knitting, crafting, computers, etc., I thought I would share with you about no-reply bloggers and what it means.
- If you comment as anonymous you are ALWAYS a no-reply. So if you comment as anonymous when you are hoping to win a giveaway then you must include your email address in the comment section and a first name is nice too. Please, please double check that you wrote down your email address correctly. We all make typos when we email, comment, etc. but when it comes to your email address a typo just won't do! Otherwise it will bounce back and you still cannot be contacted.
- Just because you signed up with blogger, that does not mean that you aren't a no-reply blogger. Not sure? Please check your profile and see if you have an email address listed. Blogger defaults to no-reply, so if you never entered an email address when setting up your blogger account, then you are a no-reply blogger. You must also check the box that says to show your email.
- Go to the dashboard on blogger and then to edit profile. Add your email address there. Make sure you save your changes. That's it.
- If you made a comment on my Christmas Blog Hop & giveaway day (Wednesday, August 1) and did not receive a reply from me, then you are probably a no-reply blogger.
- I reply to all comments that I receive, unless you are a no-reply and I have no email address for you.
- If you did not receive a reply from me (it may take a day for me to respond, depending on when you made the comment and when I was online), then please email me if you really want a chance at winning the angel block, so that I will have your email in case you are chosen.
- Go to your blogger profile and add your email address so you are no longer a no-reply blogger and check the box tat says to show your email. Even if you do not win my drawing, there will be other drawings you wish to enter (probably have already entered some on this blog hop) and you cannot win if you cannot be contacted.
- Here are 2 great tutorials how to do this: from Pleasant Home and from Sullivan and Murphy
Pin It Now!