Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pacific Northwest Meets the Southwest Quilt

My sister gave me 3 fabric prints a few years ago: the bear paw print, the totem pole print and the black bear print, which are native designs from the Pacific Northwest. Since I live in the Southwest, I decided to make 3 Navajo quilt blocks to represent the Southwest, while using the fabrics that she gave me to represent the Pacific Northwest. I added the tan, red and blue fabrics that I had as well. This quilt also reminds me of the many years that I lived in the Pacific Northwest too.

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. Daryl, when a creation apart from being beautiful, brings you lovely memories, then is something that is priceless ,your quilt is just beautiful, I love it!
    Thanks for sharing! Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt. I love getting fabrics from other parts of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a special quilt Daryl. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful Daryl:) I hope you and hubby had a fantastic Anniversary! Thank you for visiting and have a fantastic day!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very pretty quilt and clever design. All those fabrics go great together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An interesting quilt with a great story. You now have a memento of both regions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This finish perfect displays your cherished memories!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for stopping by to comment. If you do not hear back from me via email, then you are a no-reply and I cannot reply because you do not have your email address listed in your settings. I do appreciate every comment. Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...