Thursday, April 26, 2012

Our Yucca Has Flowered

One of our yuccas started getting a flower, so I took a photo of it. These grow fast too. The Yucca flower is the state flower here in New Mexico. The flower kind of looks like a huge asparagus growing in this stage.

A few days later the flower started opening.

The flower is fully opened now. The flower will stay like this for a short while and then it's downhill from there as it will dry up and die. There are several yucca's flowering this spring around here. This is the first flower we've had on our yucca in the 10 years we've been in this house.
Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. I have only ever seen a yucca in flower twice and they are absolutely beautiful. You're very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cool. It reminds me of my Arizona and El Paso days. If I remember correctly, aren't the blossoms edible? Not that I would, but.... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Cool is that??? I'd be excited too. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Daryl.
    I'm trying to catch up with all bloggie friends:) WOW! that's a beautiful yucca! OMG! loved your collapsable trash/thread collector!
    Have a wonderful weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is amazing. Can you get seeds from the flower after it dries up?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! It's a very impressive flower.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...