Monday, December 26, 2011

Knit Socks & Yarn


I knit these purple socks for my friend Susan for Christmas. No matter how I photographed it the royal purple color of these just didn't come out in a photograph. They look more blue, but they are really a beautiful shade of purple. These are an acrylic/nylon sock yarn.

I also knit these socks for Susan too. They are a variegated self-striping yarn in blue and green. It's a wool/bamboo/nylon blend sock yarn.

Oh and look what Susan mailed to me! Now I can knit some socks for myself with this great-looking sock yarn in those yummy Kaffe Fassett colors. Wow so many colors in one yarn, I can't wait to see how they knit up. The green ribbony-type yarn I had never seen before. If you pull the green yarn out width wize it looks like those fishnet stockings I remember wearing years and years ago. Lots of possibliites for using this yarn. I wonder how it will knit up? Can't wait to try it. Thanks Susan!
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I love these socks? Do they take long to make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stasha,
    I'm answering you here because I don't have your email to reply to you. I'm a fairly fast knitter and I became pretty good at knitting socks, so for me they don't take too long to knit. I'm guessing I made a pair in about 3 or 4 nights while watching movies on DVD. If you've never knit socks before, it may take a while to get the hang of it. I knit socks on 2 circular needles, which for me is a lot easier than using double-pointed needles. I also like to knit on 2 circular needles much better than the Magic Loop method too.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for stopping by to comment. If you do not hear back from me via email, then you are a no-reply and I cannot reply because you do not have your email address listed in your settings. I do appreciate every comment. Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...