Saturday, March 22, 2008

Knit Socks



Wool yarn from Knit Picks. I knit a cable pattern on these socks. Word of warning: use yarn that has at least 25% nylon and 75% wool or other fiber because the nylon gives socks the durability they need in the heels and toes. This yarn here was 100% wool. I wore the socks around the house for a couple of hours while wearing slippers too and the heels had already had worn a hole in them! I emailed Knit Picks customer service to tell them they should not be telling people this yarn make great socks (which is what their catalog does say) and told them what had happened to me. They refunded my yarn cost which was nice, but I really just wanted them to be aware that 100% wool does not make good socks at least for the heels and toes. Lesson learned and I will wear these only while in bed to keep warm and won't walk on them.

This sock yarn has 25% nylon and 75% wool and is a nice sock yarn. This was a Regia sock yarn is great colors that self pattern.

Closer view.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...