Monday, August 31, 2026

Sew Powerful Purses #275-277 for 2026

I was experimenting with these flaps and decorative machine stitches. They were fun to make and I want to make some more, but I have a ton of purses to construct all September for the Sew-a-thon, so I will be busy all September and probably through the rest of the year as I went overboard creating purse kits to have ready to sew. Last Sew-a-thon I sewed all the kits I made and even cut out about 5 or 6 more to sew up before the month was over. I made 160 purses for last year's SAT and this year my goal is 180, but I didn't want to be short on kits so I made way more than I can sew in a month just in case 😉. Next year I want to do more flaps similar to these.


back of purse
I pieced the denim and added decorative machine stitches over the seams.

back of purse
I had to piece this piece too and added a ribbon and decortive stitches.

String quilt flap.

Please donate in my honor for the Sew-a-thon. Click here and then choose the amount to donate. $10 fills one purse to keep one girl in school. Thank you so much for your support! Or click on QR code below to donate.🤗
Scan QR code to donate or the link above.

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. These purses are such a great way to experiment with stitches, techniques and embellishments. Good luck with your SAT goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are going free range with these flaps they do look like they would be fun to make. love the curves

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...