Thursday, August 13, 2026

Sew Powerful Purses #252-254 for 2026

We went to Durango, Colorado and stayed in a cabin for a few days. I brought a bag of purse kits to sew. I sewed all the pieces from the kits that I could sew before needing to press and turn the flaps. Then I started to sew some into purses. I completed 3 purses. The rest in the bag can be completed after September, which is the annal Sew Powerful Purse Sew-a-thon. I need a break from making the entire purse until then. I have been working on creating some flaps now as that is fun. I have close to a sack full of just flaps, but the rest of the purse bodies to go with those flaps will be cut in a few months or anytime after September when the mood strikes. Here are the 3 that I finished while in Durango.




You can see the hazy mountain through the trees. The air was fine, but hazy from the fire 🔥from Utah. We went into the Historic Durango area when we arrived to pick up some groceries. It was on a Wednesday morning and the traffic was crazy busy!!! Plus, there are so many hotels/motels along the highway outside of Historic Durango now. We were shocked at this. I guess they have tourists nonstop all year round. We were here about 20-25 years ago and those hotels weren't there and there weren't many cars at all on the road in Durango or the highway then. For a town with under 20,000 residents, this is crazy. Housing prices are insanely pricey, so how do the people who work in the stores and restaurants afford to live there? They must have to live in a house with several other adults to split the costs to afford it? I don't know, but like so many towns (especially in Colorado,) like Aspen, Telluride, Ouray, Durango, and more, how can people afford the housing, let alone everything else? Most rentals these days are not for long term rents for people anymore. They are being turned into air B&B's because they can ask a lot more per night than a monthly rental and make more money than on a month-to-month basis with a lease. I guess you have to be a multi-millionaire these days to be able to afford to buy a house most places? 

The temperature was 98 degrees 🔥 in Durango, only 5 degrees cooler than here with the heat wave we have been having. But the evenings cooled off more in Durango than here, so that was nice. We did have AC in the cabin or I would have keeled over from the heat 😜!!! We probably won't go back to that area again. We already have too much traffic here, so why drive so far just to be in traffic when we get there? The drive going there and coming back home was nice and not many cars on the road.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...