Thursday, February 15, 2024

Sew Powerful Purses #2-7 for 2024

I recently finished making 6 purses for Sew Powerful, to start of the New Year. I love to sew scrappy style purse flaps, like most of these purses have. I also like to add appliqué to a flap, with or without scrappy piecing. I made several wild animal appliqué purse flaps last year using a panel of fabric that had several animals on the fabric. I thought I had made them all, but found this Zebra one (and another Lion one that I am sewing right now too), that I hadn't finished. I think this and the Lion are the last of these, but who knows? I might find another one somewhere later? LOL!

I think this is the last of the Zebra purses, but I wouldn't bet on it, lol!

Flap up to show the lining flap and front of purse
I somehow got the heart lining fabric on this upside down! I am so careful about not doing this, so I must have been spaced out when I was cutting this lining? Oh well, it's just the lining so it's not critical!


I love that group of animals at the top galloping across. There was a strip of these animals on that wild animal panel (that the Zebra and other animals) were on and I thought this would be great to use in my scrappy flaps.





Back of purse showing back pocket
Here is the back side of one purse that I added a slip pocket to. Most of these purses above also have added back pockets as well. I do add a back pocket if I have enough fabric to do so. I might just make some scrappy back pockets instead if I don't have enough of the exterior fabric leftover. What do you think? Would be another way to use up even more scraps!

Flap up to see the lining flap and front of purse
This shows the lining flap and the front of the purse with the front slip pocket.
I will continue to add those labels on the flaps, "You look beautiful", until I run out of them. I bought 1,000 labels a few years ago to use on these purses as well as other bags I make. I still have a ton of them, so I won't run out anytime soon. When I do run out, I may make my own labels using stamps that I have instead. Or not add any label? We'll see...
 
Until next time, Happy Scrappy Sewing, everyone!


Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. That's a great start to the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course they are all wonderful but that zebra is incredible. i know some lucky girl will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've found a creative way to use up your scraps. Do these get sent to Africa? I think that is what I read about those purses. You've made a great start for 2024 with 7 done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...