Thursday, February 29, 2024

Flap of Friendship #2 for Sew Powerful Purse Project

Today is the last day to sign up for the Flaps of Friendship to create a flap to send to a new friend through Sew Powerful Purse Project. I signed up on Monday for making a second flap to mail off and this is the flap that I created. 

Here is the first flap I made and info about the Flaps of Friendship 

I grabbed the background fabric from a group I belong to that was a donation. The flap wasn't quite high enough, but I added a strip of fabric to the front and the lining of the flap to make it the size it needed to be. The top of the flap will be folded over to the back and won't show from the front side anyhow. I thought the background fabric was perfect for making this flap as there are words written on it, such as: Friends, Friendship, Love, Hope, and then some script written that isn't completely readable, but looks nice.

Ta da!

I added a machine decorative stitch around the circle flower center and hand French knots in a variegated thread. I added some buttons and crystals too.

The flap lining is the same as the background fabric, with an added strip of blue print to make it the size required.

Close up to see the words of Friends (in white lettering), Friendship, Love, & Hope. It's the perfect fabric for making a new friend.

I heard from the 1st person who was supposed to send a flap that she made to me and she had pneumonia, poor thing, so she said the flap will arrive by Monday. So I will finally be able to complete that purse. I don't know who will send me a flap for this time for this 2nd flap, so hopefully I will get both purses completed soon. So stay tuned to see the flaps that I receive and the completed purses that I make using those flaps.

Happy sewing!



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...