Thursday, January 18, 2024

4 Postcards Made with Teabags

Years ago I saved the teabags I had from drinking tea. I let them dry, then opened the bags and threw away the tea leaves. The tea bags would stain the paper teabags, but not the silk-type teabags. I saved the teabags and then stamped different stamps on them. The paper took the stamp very well, while the silk-type bags did stamp, but was more translucent. Not sure what I wanted to do with these stamped teabags? I had seen people make small quilts using teabags (not stamped) and it was an interesting look. 

I belong to a Fabric Postcard online group and the challenge postcard to make for January is Tea. Anything to do with tea. I decided to make a few postcards using these teabags after the challenge was announced. I knew I needed to quilt them to hold all the teabags together, so I glued the teabags in place and quilted them and then cut to 4" x 6" size and stitched around the edges. The backs are all stamped with the Postcard stamp on the back of each postcard.

They turned out to have an old fashioned vintage style look to them because of the tea staining. I have lots of stamped teabags left, so perhaps I will make more postcards, maybe adding some lace trim to them for more of a vintage look.






All 4 postcards have this stamped on the back of them.



Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. They turned out really nice! They look very vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't know you were in a postcard group. how fun is that!! you did a marvelous job with your tea theme. i too have quite a few dried teabags that need to be made into something. great job as always.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...