Tuesday, January 2, 2024

The Hampstead Backpack

I tested this backpack back in October 2023. The testing was due November 1st and I finished in October. To date, I have not heard from the designer. Not a word! I have no idea if the pattern has been released? I have not received the updated pattern (which is standard to receive after testing a bag pattern), although a few designers for some reason do not give testers an updated version, but very few. I have no idea who the other testers are or how many there are?

All we testers usually receive is the pdf pattern to test and the updated version once all the edits have been made. Most designers to thank us testers too.

Well, I am posting this pattern as I don't know what happened and since it's been over 2 1/2 months since the pattern was first emailed to me to test, I am assuming it's out there somewhere for sale? Not sure if I will test again for this designer if I am left hanging. She does have some nice looking bag patterns, but this is my first test for her, although I did test an updated bag pattern too, but not sure what happened there on her end about that bag either? 

She seems like such a nice person too, so maybe she needs to spell out what she expects from testers and what she will do for testers too. There is no Facebook tester group as most designers have. No feed back form either.

Okay, so this is my version of the Hampstead Backpack. I won't mention the designer here, since I cannot provide links, but it is in the keywords.

I used upcycled denim jeans for the bottom, batik fabric for the top. I added some rickrack for a bit of fun and bling. The handle is cotton webbing with vinyl accent. A front zip pocket is handy for keys or phone.

The back side shows the straps for the backpack and the batik part is a padded shoulder pad for comfort. The bag has a main zipper closure.

Inside are 2 zipper pockets and 2 slip pockets that can be divided as you like. I always divide a pen pocket or two, which I did on the closer pocket, with a pen pocket on each outer side, leaving the center a large pocket. The other slip pocket I didn't divide at all, but placed a Kam snap to keep it closed so the pocket wouldn't droop and the contents wouldn't fall out.


My chair model, lol! 


Overall, it is a great looking bag that can be carried like a tote, worn like a backpack, over slung over one shoulder.  If you want the pattern, I guess you can do a search and see if it is available for sale yet? Or contact the designer? Maybe she had some issues and just never released it yet? I just wasn't sure if I would hear from her again, so I made a decision to post this.



Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. you did a great job its so odd the designer hasn't responded. the fabric is wonderful and the bag seems very spacious. As much as i used to only use a backpack in my younger years i'm not a fan of them now unless i'm hiking. i prefer a messenger bag style. on occasion i will use a bag like this that is sturdy and is spacious. its perfect for crafts and items to be returned to the library. i don't think i would want to use it that way and have all the straps dangling from the backpack. of course you did a wonderful job and i know many people prefer this sort of style.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...