Thursday, January 4, 2024

ABQbeeks (Albuquerque Beekeeper Society) Banner I Made

Back in June 2023, I helped my friend to make a banner for her Bee Group. She told me the name was ABQ Beeks, which stands for Albuquerque BeeKeeper Society. When I heard the name, I thought it sounded like a bird group because of the beeks, which of course a bird beak is spelled with an "a" and not a double "e", but still, beeks sounds like a bird to me. So whoever came up with that name should have thought it through a bit more thoroughly. Too late to change the name now, I suppose.

Anyhow, I had a die cut for a bunting type banner and alphabet letters too, so I cut the the yellow and blue bunting out of felt and the letters out of cotton fabric and then I hand cut the two bees from cotton fabric and organza wings. I blanket stitched around the shapes and punched holes in the corners. I gave it back to my friend to string up into the banner so it could be hung up outside at events and maybe their meeting too. I took photos of each so you can see it, but I didn't see it actually strung up and hanging. I hoped it works well for them.




Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. This flag flies proudly at our various events. Everyone loves it because its so dang cute. I am so grateful to Daryl for her hard work and talent. The local beekeepers group and the bees thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...