Saturday, November 26, 2022

Happy Tails Quilt Block #1

Hello all you Dog Lovers! I am making the Happy Tails Block of the Month from Suzy's Artsy-Crafty Sitcom, design by Susan Meyers. The blocks are free for the one month that they are released. This block was released last month and so it's no longer free, but you can buy this single pattern. The 2nd block just came out, so you can get it free and the rest of them free if you download the pdf patterns before they expire in December.

I decided I would try to make these blocks doing Quilt-as-you-go (QAYG) and I hopefully will keep up each month. I usually never keep up each month and start off making only the first block, (if that) as I have so much going on, but I can make them later when the mood strikes. 

I think this Block #1 is so cute! The second block (#2) I printed out is a Dachshund. I need to get those pieces cut out soon if I am to keep up. I am using scraps of batiks and other fabrics too. I have plenty of the text dog wording, but the rest I will make scrappy, trying to use up whatever is in the scraps bags before I need to cut into yardage. I still need to hand embroider the butterfly antennae's on this block #1 too.



Hopefully I will have block #2 to share next month. Woof!
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Ha! He is a cutie! Looks like it would be a fun block of the month. For me it would have to be cats. But my list of “want to dos” is already too long. Looking forward to your monthly pups.
    I don’t know what’s up with blogger again. This is Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daryl, that block is just adorable!! I may have to join the fun on this one and at least collect them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzy is so generous with her patterns, they are so fun and Daryl as usual did a great job on hers. Love the dog so much great use of batiks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...