Monday, June 21, 2021

Foxglove Yoga Bag in Cactus Print- a Custom Order

This yoga bag was a custom order that I made recently. I made this style bag not too long ago that my friend purchased from me for her yoga class. A woman in the yoga class kept admiring the bag she told me and so she finally ordered one. 

She chose this cactus print fabric that I had, which is a great choice for a large bag as it really shows off the print well. 

This yoga bag (which can be used for other things too, like a travel bag or diaper bag) has so many great features. The top of the bag has an adjustable strap and hook to hold a yoga/exercise mat or a rolled towel. The front zipper pocket is pleated for holding something like a pair of shoes.  The back of the bag also has pleats, but no pocket. Those pleats help the bag to expand if the bag inside is full of stuff. The sides of the bag each have an elastic pocket which is perfect for a water bottle and a spray bottle. Inside the bag I added a zippered pocket and a large slip pocket that closes with a snap. I added purse feet on the bottom of the bag too. The bag closes with a zipper to keep the contents secure.

This is a beast of a bag! While my sewing machine handled the thick layers without a problem, it was the maneuvering of the bag under the presser foot that was quite the undertaking. 

The bag measures 17.75" W x 12.75" H x 5" D.

Front of yoga bag with yoga mat secured in place with strap
Front zippered pocket can hold a pair of shoes or other large items. The yoga mat secures to the top of the bag with an adjustable strap and hook. Or a towel can be rolled up and held there instead.

Looking down on top of the yoga bag there is a zipper closure.
Looking down on top of the yoga bag there is a zipper closure.

The front of the yoga bag without the yoga mat attached.
The front of the yoga bag without the yoga mat attached.

Side view of the yoga bag showing the elastic pockets that hold a water bottle or spray bottle.
Side view of the yoga bag showing the elastic pockets that hold a water bottle or spray bottle.

Closeup of the front zipper pocket showing the zipper pull with a "handmade" charm dangling.
Closeup of the front zipper pocket showing the zipper pull with a "handmade" charm dangling.

Inside the front zipper pocket, held open with a pen.
Inside the front zipper pocket, held open with a pen that I include with the bags I make.

Label inside bag that reads, "You look beautiful".
Label I added inside bag that reads, "You look beautiful".

Looking inside the bag at the large slip pocket that closes with a snap.
Looking inside the bag at the large slip pocket that closes with a snap.

Matching little wallet that I included with the yoga bag.
Matching little wallet that I included with the yoga bag.

Inside view of the little wallet that matching the yoga bag. Business cards were added to the wallet.
Inside view of the little wallet. I added my business cards inside the wallet.

Matching wallet.
Another closer look of the wallet.

Looking inside the yoga bag from the top.
Looking inside the yoga bag from the top.

The back side of the yoga bag with the pleats.
The back side of the yoga bag with the pleats.

Closer look at the side elastic pocket.
Closer look at the side elastic pocket.

Bottom of the yoga bag that is quilted and has purse feet added.
I quilted the bottom through a double layer of heavyweight stabilizer and added purse feet.

The customer was so pleased with this bag and that makes it so worthwhile. Nothing thrills me more than to know I have a happy satisfied customer!

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. the reason this person wanted this yoga bag, is because she was so envious of my yoga bag, that you made. I saw this one when it was done and its even more incredible in person. Its wonderful fabric, kind of perfect for a hot yoga class. I use mine most day and its the perfect size. Love the fabric choice and as always and amazing job.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...