Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Twister Fabric Tray

I tested this Twister Fabric Tray, which is a new pattern from Around the Bobbin. In making this tray I got to try out a new heat moldable product from Bosal. It is fusible and an interesting product to work with and  it does take a bit of time and trial and error to get it to mold as you want it to. The good thing is that you can play with it and redo it as much as you like. I really enjoyed making the Twister part of the tray using the Mini Twister template. I have made Twister quilts before and I just love the look of the Twister quilt, plus it's fun to make too. 

The tray is a useful and fun thing to have, if only I was able to get it to mold how I wanted it to. Maybe this stuff molds easier on a small project? I do love how my Twister looks though.


This is the Mini Twister that is quilted to the fusible moldable product before shaping it into the tray.

I molded the 4 corners up into a tray. The Bosal product is very hard and stiff.
As a comparison, this was my first attempt at molding the tray and as you can see it wasn't very good! The corners were too pinched.

This is the back of the tray on my first attempt. I definitely prefer the softer rounded corners of my second attempt.
The good thing is, you can heat and play with this until you are satisfied with the result.
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Pretty twisters and interesting product. I've never heard of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute project. I like the way your tray turned out. I have the twister tool and a row by row pattern that uses it but I haven't given it a 'whirl' yet. (Sorry, poor attempt at humor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this product. it looks like it could be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that is great. i love your tray the colors are great. its hard for me to imagine a molding project with fabric. i would be curious to try it out. you did a fantastic job.
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Twister always intrigues me and someday I want to try it. How very practical to make a tray. You are such a great pattern tester dear. Catching up while unpacking waaay tooooo much stuff! We finally made it after three long and very stressful years. JOYful July...<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...