Sunday, June 17, 2018

Round Purple Friendship Dahlia Quilt

I have always enjoyed using the decorative stitches on my sewing machine(s). Pam of Threading My Way, tells me she needs to use her stitches more whenever she sees something I have posted using my decorative machine stitches. Then one day Pam took a class where she learned how to use some of her stitches and she made a Poinsettia using her stitches. Well I thought I would try and see if I could come close to making something like that too. So here is my first attempt at it. I wasn't quite sure how to stitch the stitches so they came out evenly, that's where a class would be handy to take, (but Pam lives in Australia and I don't think I would travel that far for a class, lol!), so I winged it. I added French knots by hand too. I like this concept, so I will need to play some more.

I used 3 different machine stitches plus added French knots by hand.

French knots in the flower centers and in between the green stitches. 

The backing of my little round quilt.
I figured the Friendship Dahlia was a bit easier to try than the Poinsettia that Pam did because the Dahlia has fewer petals! Funny how I inspired Pam and then she inspired me!!!! Thanks Pam, I hope you like my version.

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. I am always inspired by the way you use the decorative stitches built-in the sewing machine. This piece is so pretty...I love the purples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great way to use decorative stitches. i love how you created so much movement in your piece with the stitiches. as usual great job and wonderful color combination.
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes, Daryl - I really like your version!!! Clever idea to add French knots in between the green stitching - very effective. Wouldn't it be fun to do a class together. Pity we live so far apart.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...