Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Pillow to Hold Kindle Tablet

I got an Amazon Kindle Fire tablet late last year. After holding it and using it, I found my hand and wrist started aching as there was not an easy way to to hold this tablet in either direction for very long. I thought about making a cover style book that I have seen on the internet to hold the tablet, but I thought I would have the same issues with holding it, unless I made the cover that could also stand to sit on the table, but that's not how I would be using this tablet. I got the tablet in the first place because I wasn't able to sit or stand for more than a few minutes when I had the very painful sciatica pain last year and thought I could use a tablet while lying in bed or in the recliner. As soon as I was able to sew, I made a pillow that would hold my tablet in place and that was more comfortable to sit in my lap as well as to hold on to the pillow. Since I have a tablet that is fuchsia and black, I used fuchsia and black scraps of fabric too. Here is the result and I really love using my tablet now.
This is a comfortable way to hold my Kindle Fire Tablet. I used elastic hair ties in the four corner to hold it in place.

Here is how it looks without the Kindle. The pillow I sewed log cabin style.

The back of the pillow is just a flap to easily insert the pillow form I made for this pillow. I can pop out the form and easily wash the cover this way. 

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. That's a really great idea for making your Kindle more enjoyable for yourself. Love the pillow matching your Fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to make a pillow/holder/rest for your tablet. I made a pillow very similar to this style for my brother-in-law to use for reading books. I like your use of elastic hair ties to add the pop of color. Great Project Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is great, I love the simplicity and its perfectly functional. great idea and lovely colors.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like I always say, necessity is the mother of invention. Simple - and stylish - solution to a common problem. Too bad you didn't have sewing fairies to make it for you when you most needed it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for stopping by to comment. If you do not hear back from me via email, then you are a no-reply and I cannot reply because you do not have your email address listed in your settings. I do appreciate every comment. Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...