Sunday, June 19, 2016

Dollie Mini Cross Body Bag

The Dollie Mini Cross Body Bag is a free pattern by Swoon Patterns. I loved the shape and style of this little bag when I saw it, so I wanted to make one. You can make the accents in faux leather if you want. I thought I would give it a go in black faux leather for the accents. But when I sewed the tab piece onto the flap, the faux leather puckered and well needless to say, I ripped it out and used cotton fabric instead. I gave away the pieces of faux leather I had. No more faux leather for me! I much prefer sewing with cotton fabrics. I like that I can press the fabric too. I still used a black fabric for the accents and I love how this sweet little bag turned out.

Since this is a small bag, it can be made with just a little fabric and it sews together rather quickly too. This style and size bag would be perfect for a teen or a younger girl (you would need to shorten the strap for a young girl) too. It's great for when you don't want to carry a lot and want your hands free too. Thank you Swoon for this sweet pattern.

I used a decorative stitch down the middle of the strap and even got brave using a contrasting pink thread. I sewed the strap into the side top gusset instead of sewing strap tabs with rings on the sides.

This is a very small bag. Just large enough to hold a few essentials like a small wallet, phone & keys.

The back has a slip pocket.

Back slip pocket.


This bag has sold.
Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. I like your color combination. the bright patterned fabric is so elegant the darker fabric really helps it pop nicely. Because the patterned fabric is so lovely I think I would have liked the long piece in the front to be a bit shorter so you can see more of the flower fabric.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my kinda bag, small. Thanks for sharing the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this version. Re: faux leather. I've sewn with some that I loved and others, like you, ditched. Of course, it could be a simple needle change needed...
    Have you tried the new cork fabrics? Seriously awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely little bag. The handle does look rather long. I always enjoy how you change up patterns to suit your style and tastes. Lovely Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute. This is on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job! I really like the pocket on the back side. Thanks for directing to the free pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's true that you were brave using that pink thread. The stitching is beautiful. :-) I find the back of the bag as beautiful as the front.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...