Friday, January 15, 2016

Wool Sheep Gift Tag & Snowman

I made a sheep gift tag/ornament using some wool felt and appliqued it to a mitten shape. I put this tag on a gift bag of yarn. My knitting group does a yarn exchange every year and so I made this tag to add to the gift.
 I also made a little snowman using a sock and then knit him a hat and scarf. I added button eyes, a nose using rolled up fabric and sewed some star buttons on the front. I gave this snowman to the librarian in charge of the knitting group.
I added a couple of jingle bells to the scarf ends.
The snowman is filled with rice to weigh him down.
  Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. I love your little snowman dude. I just came back from a vacation in Mexico and experienced a fifty degree (Celcius!) shift in temperature when I landed and this guy is how I feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are very cute. I particularly like the tag idea. This would be a wonderful addition for a gift of yarn, the details make it so special. I love your small stitches and the sheep is very sweet.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute projects. The tag is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely ideas! I bet the recipients were really delighted with their gifts! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of those items are really cute. What a great idea to add that sheep ornament to some wool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful tag! And the sheep on it is beautiful. Adding this tag to the basket is a lovely touch.
    The snowman is an handsome fellow. It must have been something, knitting such tiny hat and scarf. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mitten gift tag! The little sheep on it is perfect for a knitter!

    The snowman you made is adorable.

    Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party! Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for stopping by to comment. If you do not hear back from me via email, then you are a no-reply and I cannot reply because you do not have your email address listed in your settings. I do appreciate every comment. Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...