Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Small Batik Fabric Knit Bag

The batik fabric yarn that I had leftover from knitting my Rose MacClare Bag, I used to knit this small shoulder bag. I lined this bag and added 2 interior pockets. I also quilted the lining to headliner foam to give the bag more body.
Knit out of batik  fabric scraps. I knit an i-cord handle.
I added the double-stacked button as decoration (it doesn't button), but I am not really sure if I like the button on it or not? Perhaps it's the colors? The size? Does it do anything for you? I may end up taking the buttons off  later.
The lining with pockets. I hand stitched the lining to the bag, but I quilted the lining first to headliner foam. It gives the bag a nice feel.
Pin It Now!

10 comments:

  1. That's another very cute bag. I like the buttons the way they are. Using headliner foam is brilliant. I never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it again!!!! I love this bag! Original and there is no other bag like this in the world !
    Thanks for the inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute bag.... Good idea with the lining.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bag and think the button looks perfect on it. It matches perfectly with your bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever bag and the stacked buttons are just right. Very clever of you to quilt the lining to headliner foam. Batik Knitted Bliss Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Daryl:) Thank you for stopping by today. I was laughing at your comment with the endless possibilities of the flower. It's funny cause I was thinking about you when I was trying to decide whether to use Stampin' Up! fabric or felt for the flowers and thought you would love it to use for your beautiful bags to add as a clusters:) Your bag is beautiful and I love the inside lining:) Ok my friend, I'm off to see what I've missed:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful bag! You have been very busy. It is cute with or without the button.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I like the colors. The blues with a hint a red--perfect. The button brings the colors out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love knitting and crocheting with fabric, slicing plastic shopping bags and knitting with them is another favourite of mine. Great bag, such fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Love it Daryl and that lining is so darn pretty too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...