Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thread Catcher & Pincushion

Wool pincushion I made from a wool sweater that I felted: I followed (most) of the directions for the Thread Catcher tutorial I found on Sew Mama Sew. I made a wool pincushion instead of the patchwork pincushion she showed. I also needed something to weigh it down so it would stay put since I didn't fill my pincushion with something heavy, such as sand, rice, crushed walnut shells, etc. So I used a piece of tile (half a tile from when my husband tiled the entry) and covered the tile with polyester batting and then made a a fabric casing for the tile to fit into. I sewed the tool pocket to the bottom of the fabric covered tile.
The thread catcher is removable, as you can see, it just attaches with a button and a loop. Makes it easy to empty or to move elsewhere like when I am hand sewing.
I love the tool pocket on this thread catcher because I use it next to my sewing machine that fits into a table and so I couldn't use one of those tool pocket thingees that sit under the sewing machine, since my machine is flush with the table. On my other sewing machine I have a tool pocket thingee though...is there a proper name for those things? Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...