Saturday, October 1, 2022

Sew Powerful Purses #191-216 for 2022

Hello my beautiful sewers/sewists! Well the Sew Powerful Sew-a-thon is over! I am exhausted! I sewed 116 purses for the Sew-a-thon and a total of 216 purses for the entire year. Yes, I could still sew more purses the rest of this year before the year ends and I might do that, but I also need at least a month break from sewing them as I want to sew other things instead. You can check back here at the end of the year and see if I sewed more than 216 purses to donate to Sew Powerful.

These are the last purses I made for the September Sew-a-thon, which total another 26 purses. My final total for the Sew-a-thon is 116 purses made in September for Sew Powerful. During September, I also tested 3 bags for 2 designers, fell on the hard floor hurting my back (it's still sore) and took a couple days to rest from the fall. And I still made 116 purses during the month! 

I still need to work on the notecards that I made to include in each purse too. So I will do that this month so I can send off these purses. One woman in the Facebook group made over 200 purses! Wowzer!!! I feel like a slacker compared to that, but this wasn't a competition and I didn't really make a goal like some people did. I cut 113 kits in August and was hoping I would get all of those sewn and I did. I needed my September project for Crafter's Edge, so made a purse of course, using a hexagon die cut. I made 2 more with the hexagon die cuts (last 2 purses I made) on the last day of the Sew-a-thon. If I participate in the Sew-a-thon again next year, I will cut kits out months in advance so it won't be so overwhelming.

Here are the last 26 purses I made:









I made 2 more purses using the Hexagon die cut from Crafter's Edge for the African women/children fabric and sewed batik fabrics around the hexagons. The African fabric print and the coordinating print fabric that I used for the body of the purse were donated by Karen H. Thanks again Karen. I love how these came out!

I also want to thank all the people who donated in my name to Sew Powerful during this Sew-a-thon. You made a huge difference in the lives of these girls in Zambia. Together we are Sew Powerful! Thank you!
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Wow I am impressed with all the purses you have made for this project-is it 2 or 3 years now. You deserve a medal;) And to think of all the fabric and buttons you have used, amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are certainly no slacker! That's an amazing accomplishment. Also thank you for the links to the suppliers. I found 100 yard rolls of grosgrain ribbon for the surgery drain bags that I want to make. Both of those places had all kinds of interesting things!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...