Sunday, May 29, 2022

Sew Powerful Purses #79-84 (for 2022)

Hello all my lovely purse makers and purse lovers. I have finished making 6 more purses for Sew Powerful Purse Project. These all have scrappy flaps and some I added appliqué to as well. I just love using my scraps to give each purse a unique one-of-a-kind look. No two will ever be exactly alike. So no confusion as to whose purse it is if a girl placed it down.
 
This purse flap was mostly made of denim scraps and a bit of homespun plaid. That light denim has little glitter dots embedded into the fabric. The body is also denim upcycled from denim jeans.

This is the back of the purse above, using the back pocket of my daughter's denim jeans for the back of the purse. Hubby's jeans have too large of a pocket to use anywhere on these purses, so I will create something else using those pockets. (Hint: something with a denim pocket will be shared fairly soon on my blog).

Scrappy pieced flap with added heart appliqués and some buttons.

This one is just scrappy pieced like a crazy quilt and added buttons.

The background was pieced scraps and I added this large flower, which is one of my favorite flower appliqué, but not sure where I got it? I traced it onto a plastic template years ago. Too bad I don't have a die cut for this flower, but I did use circle die cuts for the center pieces.

Scrappy with heart appliqué. I bought this heart die cut recently and love that it has the outer and inner hearts in 2 sizes. I can cut the heart this way or flip the fabric over when I run it through the die cut machine for the heart to be the mirror image of how this one leans. That gives me several possibilities in the way I can use these hearts.

Another all scrappy pieced with buttons.

I have more purse kits cut out, so I hope I can get to sewing them soon. But I will have family visiting in June and July, so I will have to sneak a few stitches here and there while they are still asleep in the morning (I get up early).


Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Daryl, these purses are fabulous and I love the Purse Project. I think I know what I will be doing in short order!!! Thank you so much for sharing and your creations are truly heartwarming!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the upcycled jeans, your "hippified" them into something wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bag are fantastic and all so very unique. They will be loved by the recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are fabulous, Daryl!! I love your purses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the one with the hearts, but you've definitely taken these up a notch with the embellishments and such. (Love the sewing machine button!) Visitors for two months? Is that going to be a challenge? (It would be for me!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...