Friday, September 1, 2017

Introducing The Organizer Pouch Pattern

I designed this Organizer Pouch and created a pattern for making one of your own. Originally designed for my friend's granddaughter as a school supply pouch to be carried in her backpack, I thought this would also be a great pouch to carry all kinds of things such as knitting or crochet tools, quilting or sewing tools, art supplies, a small computer tablet or electronic reader, notepads, etc.

With the removable wrist strap it makes it easy to carry or pop into a tote bag to keep your supplies neat and organized. There are 4 zippered pockets (3 outside, and one lining pocket) plus the main zippered compartment, so there is a lot of room to organize your things in 5 zippered places. No worries about having things fall out because everything is secured by the zippered closures.

I put a call out for testers here and on Facebook and oh boy I sure got a lot who responded to the call. I couldn't ask them all to test, so I decided to randomly choose 2 beginners, 2 intermediate and 2 advanced sewers or sewists to test my pattern. I have created a few patterns in the past, but only had one tester then. I am sure glad I had 6 testers this time because I got a lot of good feedback as well as some eagle eyes catching my mistakes! Well that is the reason for testers to test patterns after all. I made a lot of corrections and added and subtracted things in the final pattern and it's finally ready for sale on Craftsy.com in my pattern store. (Note: 2 testers couldn't complete the pouch in time, so I will be posting theirs another time when they get it finished, so good thing I still had 4 testers!)

I am having an introductory sale for The Organizer Pouch pattern for 48 hours only, so please pop over to my Craftsy store to purchase the pattern now while it's on sale! After 48 hours it will go back to the regular price of $5.95, but for the next 48 hours (Friday September 1st 12:01 PM until Sunday September 3rd 12:00 PM Mountain Time) it will be sale priced for only $3.95! That's more than a 33% discount!

Here is my Organizer Pouch:



Next up are the testers versions and they all did an outstanding job! I picked some good testers! Thanks ladies.

Here is Tara's Organizer Pouch~
Tara's
Tara chose such a cute fabric with letters and postcards.

Tara's

Tara's
Tara quilted her exteriors by following the letter and postcard shape on the right side of the fabric.
Next is Cindy~
Cindy's
Cindy also chose a cute fabric! All my hobbies: sewing, knitting, quilting, embroidery. Perfect fabric choice for organizing any of these craft tools.

Cindy's

Cindy's

Cindy's
Cindy said her iPad mini fits nicely inside too.

Pauline is next and she went overboard making 3 versions!
Pauline's
Pauline made this one first. She used a thicker fleece and wanted to make another one using a thinner fleece.

Pauline's

Pauline's
This was made with a thinner fleece Pauline said.

Pauline's
Love the black and white version too.

Pauline's

Pauline's
Pauline boxed the corners on this version. Such a great idea! I added this as an option to the directions.

Sandie made a stunning black, white and red pouch. She plans on carrying all those little things like cell phone, wallet, charger, and embroidery supplies that she can take with her on retreats instead of leaving in the room. Smart idea Sandie!
Sandie's version

Sandie's

Sandie's

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. Everyone made great looking pouches using your pattern. Good luck with the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pouches look fantastic! It looks a little advanced for me with all the zippers, but I am getting the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your testers did a great job, Daryl. (I see a lot of fabrics to covet!) Good luck with the pattern launch and here's to wishing you great sales!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel famous thanks to you! I loved this pattern and I highly recommend it. I just love my postcard fabric colored pouch its very handy. I was a beginner tester and I did it so you too can do it. I learned a lot about putting in zippers. What I love about Daryl's patterns and her blog in general is that she has a talent for making things easier, she is always pointing out little things that make a huge difference. Thanks for letting me be a tester and I love seeing the how this pattern plays out with other adorable fabrics.
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dearest IT consultant: Google+ was the culprit, I bet. I changed back to a Blogger profile. Please let me know if you get this comment on your amazing skills as a sewist and It consultant, along with my email address. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked this zipper pouch when you created it for your friend. Now I love it and all the versions made by your testers. I will definitely be purchasing this pattern. This will make excellent gifts all year long. Thank you very much for sharing your Creative Inspiration and Talents...<3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this pattern...Cindy's is my favorite!!! Wellll those polka dots are hard to resist too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...