Monday, June 26, 2017

Diva Envelope Clutch

I made a Diva Envelope Clutch, pattern by eSheep Designs. I wanted to use this hot air balloon fabric, but then totally forgot it is directional and with the flap the balloons would have appeared upside down! So I used the piece I cut out for the exterior fabric and used it for the lining instead and I used the balloon fabric on the bottom piece outside only.  The fabric I was going to use for the lining went on the outside and I appliqued some of the balloons onto the flap so it would look somewhat balanced. Not my best, but at least I was able to make it work.


The lining works here, since you see the correct direction of the balloons.

The back has a zippered pocket and I added a strap handle, but the handle only works if there is something stiff in the folder. Oh well sometimes things don't always go as planned.
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. I think it looks beautiful. I like that you've appliqued ballons on the flap. The whole is visually striking.
    You seem to say that it does work well as a clutch. I would then use it to store things like papper patterns, paper tidbits, etc. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I think the appliqued balloons are just perfect on the flap and that was a very creative idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to make a fabric envelope I think it turned out great and the balloons look good. I love that you have a zipper in there as well. The closure is a nice added touch as well.
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, what a nifty surprise! (I LOVE balloons... went up on one many years ago and got to experience a great view of the city.) This is such a colourful take on the Diva, with a really interesting pattern on the blue fabric, too. Reminds me of zen doodling. I think it looks fantastic, Daryl - keeping this or was this for someone special?

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for stopping by to comment. If you do not hear back from me via email, then you are a no-reply and I cannot reply because you do not have your email address listed in your settings. I do appreciate every comment. Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...