Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Pinwheel Sweater

I found this free knitting pattern online from Elann for knitting this pinwheel sweater. I loved how the back looks a pinwheel. The pattern calls for knitting it in a few different colors, but I wanted to use this variegated red yarn that I bought (from Elann too). After making this sweater I tried it on and I don't know why, but it just doesn't fit under my arms. It's a bit tight, but it doesn't lay right in the armpit area either. Just like sewing clothing patterns, knitting can be a bit frustrating when a pattern doesn't fit correctly. So I will leave it here on my dressform until I can figure out the underarm solution or rip it all out and make something else.
Front of sweater.

Back of sweater
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. It is so beautiful! I'm sorry it doesn't fit right and that would be terrible to have to rip it all out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sweater is beautiful! I'm sorry it doesn't fit you correctly. I guess that's why I stick to knitting dishclothes and hats :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really unique and pretty! Love the color, but I am rather partial to red. I ended up with one that was too tight under the arms also, and I added a triangle section (also knitted, of course) under the armpit...it worked like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweater is beautiful. I hope you are able to fix the underarms and not have to take it all apart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! this is a stunning sweater and amazing how the back looks and I sure hope you can find a solution to make it fit!! It's so GORGEOUS not to be able to wear it:) Another stunning project Daryl!!
    Hugs,
    NOrma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...