Monday, May 21, 2012

Thrift Store Find

I found this at a thrift store. It was the wooden part of one of those lap desks where a pillow is supposed to be attached on the other side. There were 6 large rough Velcro pieces on the other side of this wooden lap desk and the Velcro was stapled in place with a heavy duty staple.

I used the shape of the wooden lap desk to create this pillow and sewed the soft Velcro pieces to the fabric in order to attach the pillow to the Velcro that was on the desk. I stuffed this pillow with fabric scraps. It works great!
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Daryl, I hope you enjoyed your weekend! Great find, I will have to start hitting those Thrift stores:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice of fabric, Creative Woman !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really clever idea. I've been thinking about making one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looking to find my elderly mom one of these. Any chance this is for sale?
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for stopping by to comment. If you do not hear back from me via email, then you are a no-reply and I cannot reply because you do not have your email address listed in your settings. I do appreciate every comment. Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...