Friday, August 8, 2008

Flower Wall Hanging


I started this in my applique group. It was supposed to be a table runner with the flowers equally spaced on the white background and the leaves around the flowers. But I didn't like how it was looking and since I have a round table anyhow, I decided to arrange the flowers differently and to add a stem and place the leaves along the stem. Then I found the perfect fabric (from my stash) for the border. I added some prairie points on 2 sides of the border for an embellishment. Big buttons with smaller buttons on top of them made the perfect flower centers. It's now hanging on the wall.
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Those prairie points offer the perfect pop to this wallhanging. Inspired by seeing them used as an accent rather than a border. Thanks for rejuvinating this post Daryl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I like the touch of the buttons with the prairie points. Unique. Pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...