Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Project Bag with a Clear Window for a Friend

A friend of mine had her birthday last month, so I made her a project bag with a clear window. I followed the tutorial from Rosie's Art Studio to make this one. I like that this bag will fold flat when not in use and filled with a project. 

I didn't like the way that the wrist carry strap was hooked to the zipper pull as Rosie made hers. All I could think about was if something was heavy in the bag, all the stress would be put on the zipper, so I made a small fabric tab that I sewed into the top back of the bag instead and clipped the wrist strap to that.

The clear window is nice to be able to see what project is inside of the bag.  

The lining fabric is hard to see, but it is a gray-blue print of cross hatching.

The bottom of the bag is shown expanded here. If you pull on the 2 sides where the openings are, the bag then flattens out for storage. 


View from the top front of the bag.

Here you get a better look at the fabric. I love this print. I had just enough of this fabric to make this bag. (I made a waist bag out of this fabric a couple years ago that I sold). You can also see the fabric tab I made here and hooked the wrist strap to.

View from the top bag of the bag.

Happy Sewing! Here is the tutorial I used to make this bag. Thanks Rosie!



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...