Thursday, April 28, 2022

Gifts for Her: a Sew Powerful Purse

Hello my sweet purse makers; it's Gifts for Her week over on the Therm-o-Web blog. I am sharing a few of my tips on making a purse from The Sew Powerful Purse Project for yourself or to donate to this wonderful charity that allows girls in Zambia to stay in school with your help of making purses to donate to the girls there. You can read all about this organization and the work they do here.

The finished Intermediate style purse with the beginner flap that I decorated with appliqué flowers & circles.

Making purses for Sew Powerful is something near and dear to my heart and I LOVE to sew the purses every chance I get. I hope you will enjoy making one or more purses too. There is no better gift to give than one that can change a girl's life for the better.


Isn't my Oliso iron in turquoise just so pretty? I just love it!

I upcycled denim jeans to make the outside of the purse and put the front pocket on the back of the purse. I topstitched the gusset too.

One of my tips is that I make a full lining (rather than adding a separate top fabric, as the intermediate directions call for) as it is quicker to sew.

So pop over to the Therm-o-web blog to check out my Sew Powerful Purse and all of the tips I share on how I make these purses.

I used Crafter's Edge Large Flower die cut for the appliqué flower and a few Circle die cuts too, including the circle I cut to create a flower appliqué. You can find my tutorial for the circle flower here.


Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. I'll have to go read your tips! I love how creative you get-that back pocket is sweet:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job and wonderful gifts. love the upcycle jeans pocket. Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every one you make I call my new favorite, but this one really is! I love the pocket on the back and the flower and circle dies are perfect. I have both of these sets! Great job! Is that a rivet you used to anchor the strap on the inside? I think I need to upcycle some jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. as always great job, love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...